Here are some interesting facts about Bengaluru …. I am not sure if it is completely true. These statistics are without basis and hence debatable however it IS interesting read!!
1. Bangalore has the impeccable record of highest growth within a span of 20 years.
2. Bangalore has highest number of pubs in Asia .
3. Bangalore has highest number of cigarette smokers in India .
4. Bangalore has the highest number of software companies in India-212,followed by Hyderabad-108,Pune – 97. Hence called the silicon valley of India .
5. Bangalore has 21 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in a given city. Bangaloreuniversity has 57 engineering colleges affiliated to it, which is highest in the world.
6. Bangalore is the only city in the world to have commercial and defence airport operating from the same strip.
7. Bangalore has highest number of public sectors and government organizations in India .
8. Bangalore university has highest number of students going abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
9. Bangalore has only 48% of local population (i.e.Kannadigas). Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 25% Tamilians, 14%Telugites, 10% Keralites,8% Europeans, 6% a mixture of all races. (This is a quite old figure, now local population is 30% kannadigas and others are increasing considerably)
10. Bangalore police has the reputation of being second best in India after Delhi .
11. Bangalore has the highest density of traffic in India .
12. Bangalore has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world.
13. Bangalore is considered the fashion capital of east comparable to Paris .
14. Bangalore is rated the cleanest city in India .
15. Bangalore has produced the maximum international sportsmen in India for all sports ahead of even Mumbai & Delhi.
16. Bangalore has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for Nobel Prize nominations.
17. Bangalore has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Bangalore (except Gulf).
18. Bangalore is famous for THREE: Software Professionals, Girls and Dogs.
19. Bangalore is famous for its dog bites, an average of 12 people are bitten by stray dogs per MINUTE somewhere in Bangalore !